Our organic, hand-harvested sea vegetables are a great addition/substitute for some of your favourite meals!
Need some ideas of where to start? Check out some of our favourite recipes below!
- Toast a slice of rustic bread
-Spread 2 tablespoons of fresh ricotta cheese
- Cover with thinly sliced avocado
- Sprinkle with Roasted Seaweed Flakes
- 3 slices of bacon diced, 1 large yellow onion diced, 1 large Yukon Gold potato diced, 3 cups of Chicken Broth, 1.5lbs of thick white fish (cod, pollack or haddock) cut into big pieces, 2 cups of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of Roasted Seaweed Flakes.
In a large pot, sauté the bacon in a teaspoon of oil until golden. Add onion and sauté until translucent (about 5 minutes).
Add potatoes and stir to mix well with ingredients and juices rendered with from the onion.
Add broth, bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes start to get soft.
Add the fish and continue to simmer for 2 minutes. Slowly add the cream letting the chowder get hot without boiling.
Stir in Roasted Seaweed Flakes.
Serve with crusty bread or crackers and add extra Roasted Seaweed Flakes for seasoning!
Mexican Style Corn
- Cook 4 ears of corn (boiled or grilled)
- Mix 1/4 cup of mayonnaise with one minced clove of garlic and the juice of 1/2 a lime
- spread 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mix on the hot ears of corn
- sprinkle 2 tablespoons of feta cheese on each ear of corn
-sprinkle with Roasted Seaweed Flakes and serve
Classic B.L.T. (D.L.T.)
Have a craving for the classic B.L.T.? Try a D.L.T. instead!
In this recipe substitute the bacon out for Dulse Leaves fried in oil until green and add it to any sandwich you’d put some bacon in!
- Fry Dulse leaves in a frying pan with some oil until a deep, rich green colour
- Toast 2-3 rustic pieces of bread
- Slice tomatoes to personal preference
- Wash lettuce and tear to desired size
- Spread mayonnaise on toast and layer other items to create a D.L.T.
Optional: add chicken to make a seaside inspired chicken club!
Add Roasted Seaweed flakes to:
- Your favourite salads
- Devilled Eggs as a garnish
- Stir into popcorn instead of salt